Software Engineer - Front End
Zapnito is looking for a talented, driven and ambitious Front End Software Engineer to join our growing team.
Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing, UK-based SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise. Innovative media companies, professional services firms, events businesses and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences. Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and B2B business leaders like Informa and RepTrak.
Zapnito is an enterprise grade knowledge‐sharing and community SaaS platform. It was built to connect trusted brands to their people. We help organizations at the intersection of intelligence and community to harness collective intelligence and build lasting connections.
Why work at Zapnito?
2021 will mark a rapid growth phase for Zapnito, offering an opportunity for you to work to your full potential and develop strategic and leadership skills as the company grows. At Zapnito we work in a fun environment, with hugely talented individuals.
Zapnito is looking for a talented, driven and ambitious Front End Software Engineer to join our growing team. We are growing fast and need help to expand our expert community platform which includes real time video and chat communication features, online learning and peer to peer networking tools.
Work remotely from wherever you want with a highly competitive salary, responsibility from day one and exciting learning opportunities.
What You’ll Do
- Implement new features and improve existing user interfaces of the Zapnito community platform
- Build efficient and reusable front-end components
- Collaborate with our Product Management team, Design team, and of course the Software Engineering team to deliver compelling user interfaces
Experience & skills
- Experience with Ember.js or equivalent front end framework
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- An understanding of functional CSS such as TailwindCSS
- Experience of, or a willingness to learn Typescript
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance ● Excellent communication skills in English
- Hard-working team player
- Fast and stable internet connection
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
Reporting into the VP of Engineering, and alongside our Product Manager, you will work closely with the CTO and Customer Success teams to ensure that our existing and new product features meet both our roadmap requirements as well as customer demands.
Traits and behaviours
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Proactive at discussing issues and opportunities
- Excellence at collaborative problem solving whilst remaining sensitive and aware of customer needs and objectives
- An open character, transparent, reliable, involved.
- A semi-autonomous way of working - diligently taking on the whole spirit of the work and working within the boundaries of the scope whilst delivering on the vision
What we offer
- Competitive salary;
- Share options;
- 25 days' holiday (plus public holidays);
- Flexible / home working;
- A fun environment, in which you will work with hugely talented individuals.
How to apply
Please fill out this application form to apply for this position.