Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing, UK-based SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise. Innovative media companies, professional services firms, events businesses and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences. Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and B2B business leaders like Informa and RepTrak.
Zapnito is an enterprise-grade knowledge‐sharing and community SaaS platform. It was built to connect trusted brands to their people. We help organizations at the intersection of intelligence and community to harness collective intelligence and build lasting connections.
Why work at Zapnito?
2021 will mark a rapid growth phase for Zapnito, offering an opportunity for you to work to your full potential and grow and develop strategic and leadership skills as the company grows. At Zapnito we work in a fun environment, with hugely talented individuals.
Zapnito is looking for an outstanding Head of People in order to help us keep and grow a talented team. We are rapidly expanding our teams, to keep up with the company growth, due to the rising global demand for our enterprise-grade SaaS community product.
You will be an experienced HR generalist who will come in with the drive and skillset to drive forward and innovate our approach to HR. Working with the Zapnito leadership team, you will drive our strategy in creating and developing integral HR systems and processes to make Zapnito an exceptional company to work for.
Head of People Responsibilities
- HR Strategy & policy:
- standalone responsibility for HR within the business, developing, owning and running all HR-related processes. Taking the lead on our employee lifecycle (from recruitment, induction, performance management reviews to exit interviews)
- creating and maintaining HR policies that complement Zapnito’s vision and mission, without being overly process driven
- define and deploy SMART objectives & OKRs
- implement key policies
- define and deploy recruitment approach
- commercially focused on recruitment, with the ability to understand Zapnito’s recruitment needs, scoping out job specs, interviewing candidates and supporting the hiring manager throughout contract negotiations.
- define and deploy onboarding approach
- implement consistent meeting structures
- Hybrid working; create a vision on team meetup approach & remote working practices
- Performance Management: shaping Zapnito’s performance management culture, implementing a streamlined, efficient process to scope out individual performance objectives.
- Implementation of HR KPI’s
- Culture: working with the leadership team to define who we are, what our culture looks like today, tomorrow and beyond.
- Value Proposition: scoping the Employee Value Proposition, reviewing our existing base and working with the leadership team to define and develop the EVP into a programme that provides genuine value to our employees.
- Training & development;
- managing and maintaining the annual employee training budget, recommending relevant training courses, for both teams and individuals, to support their professional development.
- supporting our Office Manager through their HR qualification.
- Networking and pursuing your own professional development by researching and attending educational events, seminars and workshops.
- Mediation & coaching;
- using empathetic and effective people skills to act as the go-to person for employees who wish to raise queries or problems, regardless of whether the issues are business-related or personal.
- coaching managers through employee relations issues and when necessary take an active role in meetings.
- HR Tools; implementing an HRIS for Zapnito, one that supports its recruitment process and streamlines the existing HR processes to be far more efficient and user friendly.
- International standards; has a clear understanding of the processes required to expand the workforce globally, supporting the leadership team in the future growth expansion beyond the UK.
- Legal support; keep up to date with HR legislation ensuring that we are 100% legally compliant, globally.
- Proven track record as an HR Manager ideally with at least 12 months experience within a standalone or small team. Minimum 3-6 years experience working within an HR role in a commercially driven environment. A big plus if this has been within the Tech industry.
- CIPD level 5 qualified or equivalent as an absolute minimum.
- Sound knowledge of HR principles, employment law and people management.
- Demonstrable experience developing and launching HR initiatives.
- A self-starter with new ideas, coupled with the enthusiasm and confidence to implement them.
- A people-person who is passionate about transforming a great place to work into an exceptional place to work and will get stuck in to make it happen.
A successful person at Zapnito
- Enjoys working in a (fast-paced) open working environment with lots of transparency and employee freedom.
- Is creative, open-minded and organized.
- Will pursue growth & learning.
- Has a positive team spirit.
- Is passionate and determined.
- Has a high degree of integrity.
What we offer
- Competitive base salary;
- Share options;
- 25 days holiday (plus public holidays);
- Flexible / home working;
- Pension scheme
Zapnito is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.
Deadlines and interview process
Application deadline: 7th of June 2021
First interview round: week of the 14th of June 2021
Second interview round: week of the 21st of June 2021
Please apply through our application form. For questions or more information, please contact Karien@zapnito.com.