Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing, UK-based SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise. Innovative media companies, professional services firms, events businesses and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences. Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and B2B business leaders like Informa and RepTrak.
Zapnito is an enterprise-grade knowledge‐sharing and community SaaS platform. It was built to connect trusted brands to their people. We help organizations at the intersection of intelligence and community to harness collective intelligence and build lasting connections.
Why work at Zapnito?
2021 will mark a rapid growth phase for Zapnito, offering an opportunity for you to work to your full potential and develop strategic and leadership skills as the company grows. At Zapnito we work in a fun environment, with hugely talented individuals.
Zapnito is looking for a seasoned Financial Controller, with the potential to grow into our Financial Director role as we scale. The Financial Controller is a key member of the Zapnito leadership team and the role is critical for the management of cash, profit & loss and balance sheet. The role will be functional, tactical and strategic to helping Zapnito conserve cash, move to profitability and reduce spend while creating processes for scale, looking at pricing and contracts and managing our full Finance operations end to end. The Role will work closely with the part-time CFO, Strategy Director and report into the CEO. The FC will, in due course, create their team.
Financial Controller Responsibilities
- Transactional processing. Purchase ledger invoices and payments, raising Sales invoices and processing receipts
- Invoice chasing and supplier queries
- Oversee all company accounts
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow and be able to forecast up to two years out
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Create reports to comply with Venture Capital requirements
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Drive the forecasting and budgeting processes within the company
- Review our financial reports, processes and performance to help identify potential cost saving opportunities
- Report to the CEO and Strategy Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CEO and Strategy Director with presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
- Create Monthly, Quarterly and Financial reports, budgets, financial forecasts and targets for Founders, Investors and partners
- Support the direction of the business regarding pricing, price increases, cost management per client and commission and remuneration structures
- Ensure that all contractors are compliant with robust timesheet reporting with approvals from line managers
Support on special projects as they come up including but not limited to:
- Investigate and advise on the use of overseas workers and benefits of incorporating companies overseas to capture trade and expenses.
- implementing new financial tools or services
- tracking services and billing
- implementing new product reporting and price increases
- Oversee the potential consolidation project of accounting and payroll to a new outsourced provider
- Create, supervise and manage financial department staff
- Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
- Keep on top of latest developments in accounting and payroll systems and advise on change as and when necessary
- Suggest updates and improvements for other systems which have an accounting impact, including CRM, SaaSOptics and any future systems
- Implement automation solutions for credit control, invoicing, payroll, reporting and alerting
- Recognised UK Accountancy Qualification
- Small, scaling company experience
- Cash management
- Team management
Preferred experience and skills
- Xero/Payfit etc
- Five years experience in a SaaS business or equivalent
- VC/Startup experience
- Team creation
A successful person at Zapnito
- Enjoys working in a (fast-paced) open working environment with lots of transparency and employee freedom
- Is creative, open-minded and organized
- Will pursue growth & learning
- Has a positive team spirit
- Is passionate and determined
- Has a high degree of integrity
What we offer
- Competitive base salary;
- Share options;
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Flexible / home working;
- Pension scheme
Zapnito is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.
Application Deadline - June 7
How to apply - please fill in our application form