Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing, UK-based SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise. Innovative media companies, professional services firms, events businesses and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences. Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and B2B business leaders like Informa and RepTrak.
Zapnito is an enterprise grade knowledge‐sharing and community SaaS platform. It was built to connect trusted brands to their people. We help organizations at the intersection of intelligence and community to harness collective intelligence and build lasting connections.
Why work at Zapnito?
2022 will mark a rapid growth phase for Zapnito, offering an opportunity for you to work to your full potential and develop strategic and leadership skills as the company grows. At Zapnito we work in a fun environment, with hugely talented individuals.
Zapnito is looking for a Product UX & UI Designer to join the team. The role is to be primarily focused on providing User Experience design and User Interface design across our range of products including the core community platform, mobile app and data dashboard insight tools, working closely with the Product Manager, CTO, VP of Engineering and Creative Director to bring product proposals to life through modern and innovative product design that provides clarity and inspiration for our software engineering teams and customers alike.
The Product UX & UI Designer will hold accountability for delivering a good and consistent user experience across our range of products, assisting the Product Manager in using a data driven approach to analysing product adoption and user stickiness growth, eliminating any friction across product and customer experience. Excellent levels of User Experience and User Interface design skills and experience for the web are critical.
Within the role you will rely on a data-driven decision making approach by collecting and interpreting product usage data to inform product decisions. You will have an experienced eye for good User Experience UX and Customer Experience CX design and be able to apply that thoroughly to your role.
Reporting into the Product Manager, you will also work closely with the CTO, VP of Engineering and Creative Director to ensure that our product designs reflect the vision of Zapnito and ensure our software engineering teams have the design input needed to deliver an exceptional product experience for our customers and end users.
Experience & skills
● 5 or more years experience in a UX or Product Design role, ideally for a B2B SaaS product or platform
● Experience with Figma and InVision and wireframe tools such as Whimsical
● Good commercial acumen, being able to identify and communicate key commercial objectives and priorities
● Leadership on the fundamentals of user interface design for the web
● Leadership skills for supporting and motivating product stakeholders
● Flexibility in order to keep ahead of changing priorities
● Experience taking technical specifications and wireframes and converting them into beautiful product designs
● Knowledge of the fundamental approaches to market research
● University degree in product design or digital user experience
Key areas of focus
● Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best product
● Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming
● Creation of low and high fidelity prototypes for user testing (i.e. BPP, URL split testing, user interviews, etc.)
● Experience in creating responsive designs
● Take ownership of the UX Playbook.
● Suggest improvements to design and performance to engineers
● Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
● Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
● Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
● Coordinate with the Product Manager to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
● Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations
● Specifying and prioritizing market and product requirements, feature sets, and key product positioning
● Collaborating with the engineering team and product team to solve problems
● Engaging with customers on a regular basis via multiple channels
● Conducting relevant research studies
Traits and Behaviours
● Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
● Artistic and innovative flair
● Excellent attention to detail
● Meticulous and diligent
● Excellent team and relationship building abilities, with both internal and external parties (engineers, business stakeholders, partners, etc.)
● Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and maintain keen attention to detail
● Natural tendency to be positive, creative, and curious
● Team player who enjoys collaborating with others
● Genuine empathy toward customers and commitment to diving into the weeds on their challenges
● Strong leadership skills, including ability to influence cross-functional teams via diplomacy and tact
● Passionate dedication to your craft and desire to work with people who inspire you on a daily basis
● Excellence at collaborative problem solving whilst remaining sensitive and aware of customer needs and objectives
● An open character, transparent, reliable, involved.
● A semi-autonomous way of working - diligently taking on the whole spirit of the work and working within the boundaries of the scope whilst delivering on the vision
What we offer
● Competitive salary
● Share options
● 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
● 5 days paid Family & Charity time leave
● Flexible working (fully remote + we also have a office in Shoreditch)
● A fun environment, in which you will work with hugely talented individuals
● Pension scheme
● Leading Maternity & Paternity leave
● Focus on delivering a strong social impact with quality networks and communities
Please contact email@example.com for a transparent conversation about your career.