For purpose-driven organizations, galvanizing a community to share knowledge, network and collaborate is vital in order to move the needle. This is exactly what the Ellen Macarthur Foundation are doing with their online community, powered by Zapnito. They work with business, academia, policymakers, and institutions, connecting Foundation members and experts, as part of their mission to accelerate the global transition to a circular economy.
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation brings together businesses, innovators, cities, governments, universities, and thought leaders to build and scale a circular economy. Kimberley Heath, Network Experience Manager at the Ellen MacArthur Foundation will discuss how they have developed a community for their Network to enable collaboration, share insights, and provide learning resources — all aimed at accelerating the circular economy transition.
- The community provides the Foundation with an opportunity to reach more individuals and teams within member organizations to secure additional project buy-in.
- With in-person events unable to go ahead throughout the pandemic, the need for a trusted space to bring the Foundation’s members together and enable continuous engagement was accelerated. The Foundation is currently on a journey of event formats, from in-person to online and now planning to provide a hybrid version in the near future.
- The community provides additional value to Foundation members presenting their project ideas, in search of other organizations to collaborate with and also for those researching projects to get involved in.
- The Foundation required an accessible platform to connect a number of various organizations, from large businesses (like Google) to startups to higher education institutions to governments and cities.
- The aim of the platform is to become self-sustaining, for the Foundation to take a step back from every project, enabling the members themselves to discover new experts and partners and deliver meaningful change autonomously.
Discussion will include how the Foundation uses community-generated data and insights to inform their Network strategy in support of their purpose of transitioning to a circular economy.
Join us on 23rd September to discover how an online community can help deliver global change and get your questions answered.