Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing, UK-based SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise. Innovative media companies, professional services firms, events businesses and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences. Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and B2B business leaders like Informa and RepTrak.
Zapnito is an enterprise grade knowledge‐sharing and community SaaS platform. It was built to connect trusted brands to their people. We help organizations at the intersection of intelligence and community to harness collective intelligence and build lasting connections.
Why work at Zapnito?
2021 will mark a rapid growth phase for Zapnito, offering an opportunity for you to work to your full potential and develop strategic and leadership skills as the company grows. At Zapnito we work in a fun environment, with hugely talented individuals.
Zapnito is looking for an exceptional Vice President of Sales to lead its Solutions team. Your primary responsibility will be to lead and manage our sales teams in Europe and North America in order to drive sales and business development activities that ensure the company meets its revenue and growth objectives.
As a member of the senior leadership team, you will work with Product, Growth Marketing and Client Operations/Success to build and operate the most effective Sales ‘engine’ possible. You will execute on agreed plans to scale that growth engine across markets and to deliver the required revenue results. You will be able to draw on your extensive sales and leadership experience as well as learning from our existing team to bring new perspectives and solutions that maximise the company’s growth potential.
This is a key hire that is required to lead from the front, with responsibility for closing new business of your own making, by targeting the more material prospects, and leading customer engagement to win significant contracts.
A key objective for this role is to drive the efficiency of sales execution including shortening the overall sales cycle, and reducing CAC wherever possible. This person will lead an expanding sales and business development team as our business grows, recruiting additional team members as required to support continued rapid growth.
You will also be expected to represent the company externally at trade events, virtual events and webinars and to undertake public speaking engagements.
Your guiding principle is to own the new business revenue challenge by developing and executing sales strategies that see the business achieve its financial milestones. In doing so, you will provide exceptional leadership both to the sales team, and the wider business, demonstrating the quality of work and investment in our staff that will ultimately make them, and us, more successful.
We’re at a pivotal point in our company’s history having recently secured our Series-A investment of £3.3M and we’re looking for you to play a key role in helping us scale our business model. You will be joining us on a journey that promises to be fast paced and full of excitement, which at times will stretch you while also being highly fulfilling.
While having the prerequisite sales and leadership skills is essential, equally important is that you bring a growth mindset and a desire to work collaboratively as part of a high performing team.
Vice President of Solutions Responsibilities
As a the Vice President of Solutions you will be responsible for the following:
- Own the delivery of Company new and growth business revenue targets for business area and regions.
- Build a high-performance team in your regions by attracting the right individuals and equipping them to exceed their personal and team sales targets.
- Work closely with the CEO and senior leadership team to develop and optimise the sales strategy and go-to-market models to drive growth and create new revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team to craft sales and demand generation strategies, specify and create sales collateral and develop programmes to maximise revenue performance from existing and prospective customers.
- Working collaboratively across teams - including Product Development, Technical, Marketing and Client Operations / Customer Success to streamline the sales process, remove friction from the onboarding process in order to maximise sales performance and drive increased growth.
- Define the sales and revenue strategy for your regions including designing account-based and territory-based approaches for engaging target customers and meeting agreed sales targets.
- Lead from the front by conducting your own sales to target marquee prospects, ensuring your focus is on developing relationships with prospects that represent material revenue opportunities.
- Localise, refine and effectively communicate our value proposition through proposals and presentations, including representing our business at industry events in your regions.
- Act as the internal ‘voice of the customer’ and work closely with Product and Client Operations to feedback market requirements, to help tune our value proposition and to maximise our market opportunity.
- Partner and guide our Sales team, and front-line managers to build optimised systems and processes that improve our current sales approaches and analytics.
- Prepare accurate forecasts and KPI reporting for the CEO and the Board for use in financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Ensure that you and the team maintain accurate records for all customer organisations and interactions using our chosen CRM platform and maintain a pipeline of business for your regions.
- Use market and internal management information data to measure your team’s success and progress towards target while guiding future decisions for growth.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, contribute to strategy and planning and provide regular updates to your peers and the wider business on progress towards plan.
- Attend board meetings if required, and provide updates on revenue performance, market insight and progress towards meeting agreed goals.
- Contribute to the development of product and pricing strategies and ensure the business remains up to date with alternative and competitive products.
- Contribute to refining our core technology, value proposition and competitive edge by developing a feedback loop from market engagement to ensure we remain ahead of the field.
- Be a strong team player in supporting and reinforcing our company culture.
- Work collaboratively with the business to execute on your plans, ensuring the business delivers on its commitments and maintains the high standards by which we hold ourselves accountable to.
- An accomplished seller with a demonstrable track record of closing new business with mid-market and enterprise level clients.
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS products (over $100k in annual contract values) and a track record of consistently exceeding set sales targets.
- A strong communicator with highly developed face-to-face skills who is able to build consensus with clients and internal teams to reach satisfactory outcomes.
- A process driven individual with an excellent attention to detail, high work ethic and who is able to clearly communicate progress against a plan.
- A person who is highly organised and self-motivated who has a disciplined approach to personal time management.
- A team player who actively contributes to building a high-performing team.
- Highly developed leadership and organisational skills.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high growth scale-up.
A successful person at Zapnito
- High integrity & honesty.
- Highly numerate with a strong attention to detail.
- Highly presentable and a professional bearing.
- A strong communicator both internally and externally.
- Analytical approach to selling and winning new business..
- Customer orientated and strong relationship building skills.
- An intelligent and consultative business approach balanced with an urgency to grow business quickly.
Experience we consider a bonus
- Experience in both the European and North American markets and managing distributed teams globally.
- Previous experience selling into one or more of our target markets: Knowledge Industry, Healthcare, Consulting & Technology.
- Strong background in developing and managing Value Added Reseller programs and other channel partner strategies.
- A blended experience in working in both corporate and start-up environments - an M&A exit to corporate/Private Equity transition would also be desirable.
What we offer
There’s an enormous shift happening in our world today. People are moving away from large social media type communities (twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook...) to seek out trusted niche spaces.
As a result it’s become even more difficult to find and connect people with trusted experts and their expertise. Client owned trusted communities are the future that Zapnito customers envision for the internet and our clients are on a mission to create sources of collective intelligence.
Working in complete partnership with our customers on bringing together the world's leading experts is what excites Zapnito’s team and fuels our mission. Reestablishing trust by ensuring experts are front and centre is essential and Zapnito is about ensuring technology empowers people vs algorithms capitalising on human psychology.
You will be joining a unique and successful tech scale-up with the opportunity to:
- Play a key role in accelerating our growth.
- Competitive salary with generous OTE commission.
- The potential to secure a stake in our company through our equity options scheme.
- 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays).
- Leading Maternity/Paternity leave policy
- Family Care Time - Benefits
- Flexible / home / fully remote working arrangements.
- Access to a contributory pension scheme
- Develop as an individual and take on additional responsibilities as you succeed.
Zapnito is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.
Please send all applications for this position to Chris Watkins (email@example.com)