Contributing authors, hidden contact details, SEO enhancements and more

Here's our June platform updates that help make your community great.

Like Comment

Zapnito Champions - June 2020

We trust this finds you safe and well. You are our Zapnito Champions and we are here to support you, which is why we're always open to new suggestions and ideas for the product roadmap. So don't be shy in letting us know what else you'd like to see from Zapnito.

This month we bring you:
✍️ Contributing authors
👤 Hidden contact details
🔍 SEO enhancements
⚙️ Continuous improvements to video panels
🔄 Update to permissions

Also, we'd love if you could spend 5 minutes reviewing Zapnito on G2 if you haven't already. Help us reach more fantastic Champions like you.

Contributing authors

The credit can now be shared. If you have worked on a post with others, they can now get their own mention. Just name your co-author in the post's draft and readers will be able to see each contributor in the published item.

Hidden contact details

You can now block others users from seeing your contact details. For example, in event communities where members may not wish to share some of their details with everyone else.

Continuous improvements

We're always making advancements to video panels. Soon there'll be no need to create a new video panel link for recurring catchups. Keep the same one as last week for the simplest of meetings.

To find out more about the exciting SEO optimization work we're doing on the platform, be sure to check out Georgina's training room update.

Save to PDF update

An additional note: We are temporarily removing a group ability from the platform in order to upgrade it. Laura has all the details here.

Max Inchcoombe

Marketing Manager, Zapnito

Into my fourth year at Zapnito now, some of my responsibilities include email marketing, running the social media accounts, site/community reporting, event organising and sales assistance. If you have any questions for me on Zapnito or what we do, I'll be happy to help!

2 Comments

Go to the profile of Julia Basnak
Julia Basnak 5 months ago

Contributing authors feature does not seem to let the assigned contributor access the post from their account to contribute and make potential edits. 

Go to the profile of Max Inchcoombe
Max Inchcoombe 5 months ago

Hi Julia. The contributing authors feature enables individual publishers to name others on their content but it is still owned by the publishing author. It is not a tool for other contributors to make edits to the post. Laura's article provides further detail on this: https://community.zapnito.com/users/247961-laura-templer/posts/contributors-on-content