(closed) We are hiring - Sr. Product Manager (UK based)
The role is to be primarily focused on providing ownership of the Zapnito platform Product Roadmap, working closely with the CEO, CTO and VP of Engineering to define, document and communicate our product plans and priorities, whilst focusing on a good Customer Experience for our clients.
Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing, UK-based SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise. Innovative media companies, professional services firms, events businesses and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences. Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and B2B business leaders like Informa and RepTrak.
Zapnito is an enterprise-grade knowledge‐sharing and community SaaS platform. It was built to connect trusted brands to their people.We help organizations at the intersection of intelligence and community to harness collective intelligence and build lasting connections.
Why work at Zapnito?
2021 will mark a rapid growth phase for Zapnito, offering an opportunity for you to work to your full potential and develop strategic and leadership skills as the company grows. At Zapnito we work in a fun environment, with hugely talented individuals.
Zapnito is looking for a Product Manager to join the team. The role is to be primarily focused on providing ownership of the Zapnito platform Product Roadmap, working closely with the CEO, CTO and VP of Engineering to define, document and communicate our product plans and priorities, whilst focusing on a good Customer Experience for our clients.
The Product Manager will hold commercial accountability for the product adoption and user stickiness growth, eliminating any friction across product and customer experience. Excellent levels of User Experience and Customer Experience design are critical.
A secondary focus of the role is to work closely with the Client Operations and Marketing teams to hold open and frequent dialogue with key clients to communicate our product plans whilst listening and helping to prioritise client feature suggestions and requests for consideration.
Within the role you will rely on a data-driven decision-making approach by collecting and interpreting product usage data to inform product decisions. You will have an experienced eye for good User Experience (UX) and Customer Experience (CX) design and be able to apply that thoroughly to your role.
Reporting into the CTO, you will also work closely with the CEO, VP of Engineering and Client Operations Director to ensure that our product plans, roadmap and product communications are clear, concise, accurate and up to date.
Experience & skills
- 5 or more years experience in a Product Management role, ideally for a B2B SaaS product or platform
- Ability to analyse information and data to quickly reach actionable insights
- Good commercial acumen, being able to identify and communicate key commercial objectives and priorities
- An understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering for the web
- Past experience in a Project Management role (or discipline) in order to see ideas from inception through to delivery
- Leadership skills for supporting and motivating product stakeholders
- Flexibility in order to keep ahead of changing priorities
- Experience of technical writing for Product proposals and functional requirements
- Knowledge of the fundamental approaches to market research
- University degree in product design, digital user experience or engineering
Key areas of focus
- Specifying and prioritizing market and product requirements, feature sets, and key product positioning
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to solve problems
- Curating, communicating, and managing a long-term product roadmap
- Analyzing external and internal data to identify product gaps and opportunities
- Engaging with customers on a regular basis via multiple channels
- Defining Product KPIs and setting targets that move the company toward success
- Conducting relevant research studies
- Developing internal and external product training plans
Traits and behaviours
- Exemplary interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
- Excellent team and relationship building abilities, with both internal and external parties (engineers, business stakeholders, partners, etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and maintain keen attention to detail
- Natural tendency to be positive, creative, and curious
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with others
- Genuine empathy toward customers and commitment to diving into the weeds on their challenges
- Strong leadership skills, including ability to influence cross-functional teams via diplomacy and tact
- Passionate dedication to your craft and desire to work with people who inspire you on a daily basis
- Excellence at collaborative problem solving whilst remaining sensitive and aware of customer needs and objectives
- An open character, transparent, reliable, involved.
- A semi-autonomous way of working - diligently taking on the whole spirit of the work and working within the boundaries of the scope whilst delivering on the vision
What we offer
- Competitive salary;
- Share options;
- 25 days' holiday (plus public holidays);
- Flexible / home working;
- A fun environment, in which you will work with hugely talented individuals.
How to apply
Please fill out our application form to apply.