Zapnito is hiring!
Head of Sales
Founded in 2013, Zapnito is a rapidly-growing London-based, UK tech start-up, providing a SaaS community platform built to showcase expertise.
Innovative media companies, professional services firms and other knowledge providers use the Zapnito platform to promote thought leadership, increase revenue, and build engagement and trust with their audiences.
Customers include world-leading scientific publisher, Springer Nature, international associations like the OECD and household-name consumer brands including Kelsey Media’s Psychologies magazine.
We believe the entire team is responsible for the growth of the company and are looking for a leader to help us drive further growth.
Head of Sales Responsibilities
- Owning and hitting/exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Developing and executing strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
We are looking for a high-performing Head of Sales who is process driven and loves working in a collaborative team environment.
The successful candidate will meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
Head of Sales responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Head of Sales duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets across our core markets and beyond
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Reporting on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close and use the team and founders as a tool strategically
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (optional)
Required experience & skills
5+ years’ direct experience of customer success, account management or other customer-facing activity, ideally for a SaaS company;
Publishing industry experience would be a bonus,
Both strong empathy for customers AND commercial awareness;
Ability to prioritise and self-start, to work with minimal supervision;
Excellent communication and presentation skills;
An analytical and process-oriented mindset;
You must be organised, literate and passionate about Zapnito!
We are not looking for a maverick, lone-wolf but someone who loves to solve problems for clients and prospects. Someone who is process-oriented and enjoys rallying the team. This is a leadership position with the ability to move up to a Commercial Director role (then Chief Revenue Officer) as Zapnito grows. This role will have input into the Product and Marketing as well as the overall team culture.
What we offer
- Competitive salary;
- Share options;
- 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays);
- Flexible / home working;
- Cool offices in Mindspace Shoreditch;
- A fun environment, in which you will work with hugely talented individuals.
- Work from anywhere policy 2x a year
- August summer days (4x a week working)
- Pension scheme
- Focus on delivering a strong social impact with quality networks and communities
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter, explaining why you would love to join the Zapnito team.